Friday, November 11, 2011

I hit it!

My goal that is. Today I got on the scale and it said 149.4!!! What a day. I had been inching closer for what seemed like forever that I was afraid it was never actually going to make it. I actually weighed in without clothes yesterday, just to see if it would go under 150 and it did. But, being the perfectionist, rule follower that I am, I couldn't count that as officially meeting the goal. And, if I am going to be picky about it, I probably can't even count this as officially losing 100 pounds because the scale I started with was horrible and I believe it was heavy by a few pounds. So, since I got rid of that scale and can't prove to myself that it shows 100 pounds less, I will have to take this.

What's next for me? I'm not really sure. Since I didn't really ever think I would make it here, I didn't give it much thought. I do feel really great, but I think it would be reasonable for me to drop a few more pounds, so I'm going to try. I think I will shoot for another 15 lbs and see what happens. I'm not going to stress about it, but at minimum, I want to make sure that I don't get above 155 again. That seems to be a very reasonable goal for myself.

And Monday I have an appointment with my photography friend who is going to document this weight loss for me in picture form. When we did pictures a few months ago, she told me that when I lost 100 lbs, we needed to do more photos and that she wanted to end up with 100 of them. For some reason, this seemed pretty appealing to me and I think one of the reasons I didn't ever give up the fight for the last few pounds.

Well, I have screaming toddlers in the background, so I will leave you for now. How is your journey going?

No comments:

Post a Comment