Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tasty food

So, today I talked to a few people and I was asked about some of the foods I cook for my family since I have started to lose weight. One of the biggest things I tell people is that I tried to find foods that my family liked so that I wasn't making anything separate for me and my whole family ended up eating healthier.  I thought I would share a couple of those recipes with you.

This first one is a really quick and easy dish when I don't have a lot of time. I usually make some instant brown rice and steam a veggie to go with it.

Parmesean Tilapia

1/2c. Parmesean cheese
1/4c. butter (I use light margarine)
3T. mayonaise (I use light mayo)
2T. lemon juice
1/8t. onion powder
1/8t. celery salt
1/4t. dried basil
1/4t. black pepper
2lbs Tilapia fillets (about 8 fillets)

Preheat your oven's broiler. Mix together everything except tilapia. Line pan with aluminum foil. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesean cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.


This next one is a WW recipe that my husband just loved. I think it was the first WW recipe that I tried on him and it convinced him that this wasn't going to be all that bad for him. And after I made it, I realized that I didn't have to make the sweet potatoes and apples with it. They are just a side, so if you would rather make another veggie, or have a salad, go for it.

Crusty Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potato and Apple

1 T. parsley, fresh chopped ( I used dried)
1t. lemon zest (I use lemon juice)
1 clove garlic, minced
1t. oilive oil
1/2t. salt (divided)
1/2t. black pepper
1lb lean pork tenderloin
1 large sweet potato (peeled and cut into 8 slices)
1T. water
1 medium apple, cut into 6 wedges
1t. packed brown sugar, dark (I use regular brown sugar)
1/8t. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 450. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray (I use olive oil spray).
Mix the parsley, lemon zest, garlic, oil, 1/4t. of the salt, and the pepper to a paste in a small bowl. Place the pork in the baking dish. Spread the parsley mixture evenly over the top of the pork and let stand 5-10 minutes.

Meanwhile, place the sweet potato slices and water in a small microwavable casserole dish. Cover and microwave on High until parcooked, 3 minutes; drain.

Place the sweet potato slices and apple wedges around the pork. Lightly spray the sweet potato and apple with nonstick spray, then sprinkle with the sugar, cinnamon, and remaining 1/4t salt. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the pork registers 160 for medium and the sweet potato and apple are tender, about 30 minutes. Cover the pork lightly with a foil tent and let stand 5 minutes.
This makes 4 servings.


And I got my new pictures taken yesterday, but it might be a while before you get to see them, so please be patient. I will put them up here as soon as I can so you can see where I am now. Hope you are finding some encouragement and help here. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. I am open and willing to share everything I can with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment