Monday, October 31, 2011

Secrets and progress

I figured I would start off this post by giving you a few of my secrets. This one I have shared with a few fortunate souls, but now it's going public. When I would have trouble seeing results on the scale over the course of a week or so, I dedicated one day to only fruits and veggies. I would eat as much as I wanted, but only fruits and veggies. Somehow, this changed things up enough for me to see results on the scale the next day and keep me motivated and feeling like I was making progress. I would have some PB with an apple if I really wanted or dressing on my salad, but other than that, just fruits and veggies.

The other secret is one that I just recently picked up and had to use tonight. When those urges for late night snacks hit, go brush your teeth. There is something about having a minty fresh mouth that seems to ward off those cravings and makes it easier to resist. And it's great hygiene too.

I don't know if I mentioned this here or not, but I know that I told several people that I was not a runner. I was a firm believer that I would never run nor did I ever believe running was fun. I was wrong. I have started to run. Not because I think it's better excercise, but because it's fun. I know, I'm a little sick and twisted, but I am enjoying it. I would like to run my next half marathon in April 2012, so I have started the couch to 5K program. I jumped in at the end of week 3 with a friend and that was pushing my limits. I did the first day of week 4 yesterday and made it. I'm quite proud of that. I do find it a little overwhelming though to think that when I am done with that program, I will be trained to run 3 miles and a half marathon is 13.1 miles, but I guess I will get there, hopefully.

For those of you who get jealous or discouraged to know about my progess, you can stop reading now, but I really like to keep track of this part too because it's so awesome to be able to look back and see where I was at.  I weight 153. 97 pounds down only 3 to go. I am having a bit of trouble because I feel I have hit a mental block, but I am trying to power through it so that at least I can hit this HUGE goal and feel I have succeeded. If after that I gain 5 pounds back, I'm not going to sweat it. And I am wanting to schedule a final photo session to document my achievement and I will make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment